Great Time for WIPs


It has been crazy weather here in Kansas.  We had near 60 degree temperatures Sunday and 3 this morning.  This has kept me indoors and going through my projects which are not yet finished.  I generally have more than one I am stitching at a time because I have more than one place where I watch television in my house. Since I have had shoulder issues which are on the mend but not yet back to normal, I thought a bit of left handed needlepoint would be the thing to try.  I have a 14.5", 18 count canvas "Octobermania" by Susan Treglown Designs.  This is based on the art work of Charles Harper who has many stylized animal pieces which I love.  Theresa of Homestead Needlearts suggested that I try the Vineyard Silks threads and they are beautiful to work with.  I have quite a bit more stitching on this project, but it is a joy to do (even left handed when I am primarily right).

We are very fortunate in these times to have such a variety of materials available for our stitching.  The overdyed fabrics and threads make it so much more interesting when we put together a project.  I am looking forward to market next month in Nashville.  

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the colors in this! I haven't tried the VIneyard silks, though I have seen them :)

    ReplyDelete